My mind began racing, my heart began pounding, and as I clicked on the link, I realized it was time to blog.
Basically, a reporter is asking residents to finish this sentence: “If I could change anything about North Dakota, I would _____ .” Readers can e-mail their responses and a story may be written about it in an upcoming issue of the newspaper.
Not surprisingly, I have mixed emotions about this. I am not going to lie and pretend that North Dakota is my own personal Eden, but I have tried for the past few months to highlight the many positives about this region of the country. It is a little depressing to me that folks will be pointing out all the negatives about the state that I have been defending. In respect to the art of journalism however, I guess I can jump on the band wagon.
If I could change anything about North Dakota, I would:
- Make temperatures not fall below 32 degrees. (Typical answer for most I assume.)
- Make tickets out of the Fargo airport cheaper so I wouldn’t have to fly out of Minneapolis all the time.
- Have avocados fresh and ripe all year round.
- Ask gigantic trucks to slow down during the first major snow storm.
- Bring in a little more diversity to the state.